SCOPE Performance Optimising
Slow Performance of SCOPE may be for a number of technical reasons:
- Database needs compacting
Extremely large Database
- If you are accessing the SCOPE database over a slow Network connection you need to either increase download speed or
- Work on a copy of the Count ie. Snapshot the Application / Release / Count Session from the central Repository database and save it locally (not on network).
- Open the snapshot database and work on it
- When the count is finished export the Release / Count Session
- Import Release / Count Session back into the Central SCOPE Repository database
SCOPE has good performance for databases that contain hundreds of applications and thousands of Count Sessions and millions of Fps, however as the size of the database increases the time to save takes longer. We would therefore recommend:
- Archiving Applications, Releases etc that are no longer required (use Export capability in SCOPE to import to an Archive database or just copy the database)
- Increasing the time intervals of the Automatic Save.
- Exporting out the Release/count you are working on and importing it back in when completed.
Remember to contact SCOPE Support to assist you in your operation of SCOPE.