Import / Export Count Sessions
Import Export Counts within a Release
Merging Counts within a Release
SCOPE enables you to imported Count Session into the Release, so the Release now reflects the latest impacts and the imported Count Session becomes one of the Counts for the Release. Use this option to 'merge' counts from one database to another, if you just want to 'extract' a count to work on it then to merge it back into the original database, then use the Export Single Snapshot of Count Session or Release option by selecting 'Snapshot' when highlighting the count.
This feature is useful under the following circumstances:
- Administrative Control of Your Counts i.e. you have a 'master' database of SCOPE counts which is controlled by an administrator, who wants to quality check all counts prior to them being applied to the master version of the Release.
HINT: To do this Export the latest Release from Master into another temporary SCOPE database where a counter can create and work on their Count Session. When the administrator approves the count it is then Exported from the temporary database and Imported back into the latest Release within the Master database.
- Multiple Counts to be completed Concurrently - you have many Change Requests for Applications on the same database that need to be counted by multiple counters at the same time.
HINT: To do this Export the latest Release from the Master Database to one or many temporary SCOPE databases where each counter will then create and work on their own Count Sessions. When each count is approved, they are then individually Exported from their temporary databases and Imported back into the latest Release in the Master database.
- A count on an Old baseline needs to be applied to the Latest Version - i.e. You have completed a count for a project some time ago on an old version of the baseline and now the user wants to go ahead with the project and you do not want to have to spend the time to recountit based on the latest Release baseline structure.
HINT: To do this Export the count from the older version of the baseline and then Import it back into the latest Release in the Master database.
Note: Counts can be imported and exported between Releases for the same application, different applications, or the same or different SCOPE databases.
Setting up a Count Session to be Imported / Exported
- Set up the target Release Structure where you where you want to create your new count session. This can be done several ways e.g.:
- copy the whole SCOPE Master Database which has the Release count into which you want to create your new Count Session. Leave any existing counts in the Release
- create a new SCOPE Database and create a new application node and then export the selected Release from the source SCOPE Master Database into the Work in Progress Releases branch under the new application in the temporary database
- create a new Release, based on an existing Release using the New Release function on the Software Applications List
- In the new target Release create your New Count Session. (See Create a new Count Session )
- Open the new Count Session and make your changes and Save.
Export Count Session
Select Export Count Session either :
- under Edit / Export on the main menu while you have the Count Session open
- from the Software Applications List while you have the Count Session highlighted
- SCOPE prompts you to name the Count Session file (*.SCS) and select the target directory for where it is saved.
Import Count Session
Open the SCOPE Master Database and Import the Count Session into the Latest Release by selecting Import Count Session either :
- under Edit / Import on the main menu while you have the Latest Release open
- from the Software Applications List while you have the Release highlighted
- SCOPE prompts you to select the Count Session file (*.SCS) and select the directory where it is saved.
See also Import / Export Release and Export Single Snapshot of Count Session or Release.