Building Hierarchy Trees
To build a tree of any type, you generate nodes and rename them. The type of nodes that you can enter at any point depends on the tree, and the level within the tree. The root node is Level 0, the Hierarchy Tree can be decomposed to ‘n’ levels.
- High level nodes (Levels 1 or 2 etc) can contain child nodes of the same level or lower.
- Level ‘n’ nodes cannot contain any other child nodes. They represent the lowest level.
- Level ‘n’ nodes can be inserted directly within the root node. However we recommend that you insert a level 1 or 2 node first.
- For certain trees, nodes of different types (i.e. RETs and DETs) cannot mix on the same Level of a branch of a tree.
To insert or edit tree nodes, use either:
- Node menu at the top of the screen select
- Alt Insert (parent nodes) and Insert keys (child nodes)
- Mouse right click pop-up menu.
For very fast insertion of multiple standard sets of process nodes use the Insert Template Function Group feature.