Fixing Up an Incorrect Count
If you are reviewing a count that has been completed in SCOPE and you realise that the original Baseline count is incorrect ie. there are missing elementary processes or Logical Files or there are ones that should not be there, the following are ways you can easily fix this.
Fixing a Count - without an audit trail
- When you open a count at the bottom status bar on the LHS is the drop down list of the Count Sessions for the Release. Select the option "No Session" . This displays the Hierarchy from a Release viewpoint and as such no Enhancement Impacts on any Process or Data Group are displayed.
- Whilst in the "No Session View" add, change and delete any Functions, Processes, Data Groups etc that need fixing. Any changes you make will not be recorded as a count session and the only 'audit' trail left will be the Create and Modify dates on the nodes that have been added or changed.
Fixing a Count - with an audit trail
- Create a count called 'Fix up Baseline' then create new the processes and data groups that you believe should have been included in the hierarchy
- Mark as Enhancement Type "Delete' all the Nodes that should not have been included in the hierarchy.
- Modify the nodes that need to be changed and mark them as Enhancement Type "Change".
- If required have someone validate your decisions. Save and close the Count.
- In the Applications List select to then select to delete the Count Session 'Fix up Baseline' but un-select the option to Delete Added, this allows these new Nodes you added to will remain in your Baseline but not be recorded as part of the Release Impact size.