This User’s Guide is intended to be read by software project managers, business analysts, software developers or anyone who intends to use SCOPE to:
- Quantitatively size their software using ISO/IEC 20926 IFPUG 4.3 unadjusted or IFPUG CPM 4.3 functional sizing Methodology.
- Collect Applications Development and Maintenance and Support Metrics for productivity and quality reporting.
- Quantitatively size their software project for input into project effort, cost and schedule estimates.
- Manage their software application portfolio by recording a quantitative audit trail of functional changes for each release, mapping changes to a specific change request, release or project.
- Graphically model the functionality of their software projects or applications for documentation and SCOPE negotiation purposes.
Familiarity with Microsoft Windows® and some familiarity with functional decomposition techniques is assumed. For quantitative sizing some knowledge of the IFPUG Functional Size Methodology is required. See www.ifpug.org
For more information about ISBSG (International Software Benchmarking Standards Group) see: www.isbsg.org